The King Cubed Group of companies, including without limitation King Cubed Pty Ltd, (“King Cubed”) respects the privacy of individuals by treating all personal information or personal data as confidential and by handling it in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Australia) and the Australian Privacy Principles. During the course of its activities, King Cubed will collect, use and disclose personal information from:
- Customers, account holders and loyalty members;
- Visitors to our website;
- Employees; and
- People who enter trade promotions conducted by King Cubed.
Use and disclosure of information collected by King Cubed
The information collected may include:
- Personal details you provide us with when you visit our stores (in person or online), enter our trade promotions, create accounts with us, hire products from us;
- Your name, address, telephone number/s and email address;
- Details of website usage from visitors to our website.
We may disclose your personal information or data to:
- Members of the King Cubed Group of companies;
- third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as delivery companies, data entry, processing or storage service providers, trade promotion or gift card administration and account management providers;
- professional advisers (such as lawyers or auditors);
- payment systems operators and financial institutions;
- organisations authorised by King Cubed to conduct promotional, research or marketing activities;
- upon lawful request from law enforcement agencies or government authorities; and
- any persons acting on your behalf including those persons nominated by you, executors, trustees and legal representatives;
but King Cubed will not authorise those companies to use your personal information for any other purpose, or if it is otherwise required or authorised by law.
King Cubed may use your information to:
- communicate with you;
- provide services and products from you and process transactions;
- provide customer service;
- administer your account;
- conduct credit, reference and other checks;
- for King Cubed’s own internal purposes (such as risk management, staff training and billing);
- due diligence;
- order and receive supplies from you;
- receive or make payments from/to you;
- manage your loyalty rewards;
- manage your gift card balance;
- help King Cubed develop its website to be more specific to Customers’ needs and user friendly;
- meet our legal obligations;
- consider making offers for employment purposes;
- manage and resolve any legal, consumer or commercial complaints and issues;
- advise you about upcoming sales, specials, events, promotions; and
- for any other use which you authorise from time to time.
In addition, King Cubed may also use your information to promote and market its products and services, or the products and services of others. However, King Cubed will not do this by email or SMS (except as part of an email which facilitates, completes or confirms a transaction with you) unless we have your consent to do so. These emails and SMS’ will include an “unsubscribe” facility. Alternatively, if you no longer wish to receive emails or SMS, you can contact us by phoning us or emailing us, details of which are available on the “Contact Us” page of our website.
Your personal information or data may be disclosed to other King Cubed entities, business partners and service providers in Australia and overseas for the reason and limited purpose explained below.
The countries this information may be disclosed to will vary from time to time, but may include Australia, New Zealand and the United States of America.
Sometimes we use third party platforms and services to process sales, provide web support, send marketing messages, deliver products, store data or otherwise deliver information. These services are hosted and managed by organisations other than ourselves, and some of these services are hosted overseas.
We use products and services maintained in Australia, New Zealand and the United States of America.
Your personal information may be stored in a secure and encrypted form overseas (e.g. in data storage and cloud computing facilities operated by us (or by third parties on King Cubed’s behalf) to prevent unauthorised access, use, disclosure, copying, modification and disposal thereof.
Security of your Information
We use industry-standard safeguards to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information. To the maximum extent permitted by law, however, we accept no responsibility for any loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal information which you submit to King Cubed.
Access to your information
Updates to your information
If your information changes or you discover that information held by King Cubed is otherwise incorrect, please contact King Cubed on (08) 7127 7751 or via our Contact Us page on our website at www.kingcubed.com.au and King Cubed will endeavour to update and correct the information. King Cubed may also contact you from time to time to check that your information is still accurate.
Changes to our policy
King Cubed’s handling of any information it collects from you (including information previously collected) will be governed by the most current version of this policy. Please check this policy regularly or you can contact King Cubed by visiting the Contact Us page on our website at www.kingcubed.com.au.
How you can notify us of a privacy concern or contact our Privacy Contact Officer
- have queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by King Cubed; or
- would like to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you,
please write to:
The Privacy Officer, Legal Department, King Cubed, Unit C029, 2 Fred Custance Street, Adelaide Airport, SA 5950
Or phone: (08) 7127 7751
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Updated 1st December 2019